There are plenty of demolition contractors to choose from, but not all are created equal. In fact, there are several key factors you need to consider when hiring a demolition contractor. Below are the five key factors to look at when you’re trying to determine which demolition contractor is right for you.
- Type of Experience- Demolition is a surprisingly broad field and some contractors will specialize in certain areas, while having no experience in others. Just because a contractor has lots of experience in selective demolition, doesn’t mean they can handle a tank decommission. Make sure the contractor you’re considering has experience that’s relevant to the project you’re starting.
- Continuing Education- The demolition world is constantly changing and continuing education is vital to keeping projects efficient and safe. One of the best ways to stay up to date is by belonging to trade organizations like the National Demolition Association. This will ensure crew members are using the latest techniques and getting the training they need.
- Proper Documentation- A qualified demolition contractor will be licensed and insured. If they don’t have this documentation, liability for accidents may fall on you.
- Detailed Estimates- A demolition project is a complicated endeavor, which means the estimate should be detailed and thought out. While it shouldn’t be hard to understand, you also want more than a simple lump sum cost. Having a detailed estimate will ensure they didn’t leave out any important line item costs.
- References- Most demolition contractors will have a pretty good sales pitch, but talking directly with past customers will give you peace of mind knowing they can back up what they’re saying.
At DT Specialized Services, we take pride in the work we do. Contact us to learn more about our procedures and to have your demolition job done right.