The stars of HGTV make it seem like everything can be a DIY project. While going for the DIY option is a great way to save money on refinishing furniture, some projects are best left to the professionals. Asbestos testing is definitely one of those jobs that requires a professional touch. There’s a lot riding on an asbestos test and if a test fails to detect the dangerous material, the consequences can be disastrous.
Here are five reasons to always call a professional when conducting an asbestos test.
- PPE- Anytime asbestos is involved there’s a risk of exposure. To avoid harmful exposure, proper gear needs to be worn. Professionals will have the personal protective equipment needed to stay safe when testing and during the removal.
- Accuracy- You can learn a lot about asbestos by doing online research, but at the end of the day there’s no substitute for certified knowledge. A professional asbestos abatement company will be able to get accurate results you can depend on.
- Safety- When you hire a professional to test for asbestos, you get peace of mind knowing everyone will stay safe during and after the abatement is complete.
- Experience- Testing for asbestos isn’t always straightforward, and you never know what curveballs might get thrown your way. An asbestos professional will have a wide range of experience dealing with a variety of problems.
- Proper Removal- Even if you were able to properly test by yourself, you will still need a professional to remove and safely dispose of the asbestos material. By hiring a professional from the start of the process, it will ensure all the asbestos is identified and properly removed.
If you are in need of asbestos testing and abatement, call DT Specialized Services. We have a long track record of successful asbestos abatement.